Thursday, October 2, 2014

Goals and Priorities...(mostly for me!)

Wow, it has been a while, hasn't it?  The past year has seen some exciting changes, which will be detailed later.
This is all about what I call my "Before-Audrey-Graduates-Bucket-list".  This list came about as result of two things, 1) a poor parenting exchange this morning, and 2) Audrey's entrance into junior high school.  This is to help me, hopefully, be a better dad.  Here is the list, with items listed in no particular order:

1.       See the 2017 total solar eclipse in Casper WY
2.       Ski in Colorado
3.       Teach her to drive a stick
4.       Watch her perform:
A.      A solo violin recital
B.      In an Orchestra
C.      In a Company dance recital
5.       Help her pick out a class ring
6.       Help her through a breakup
7.       Take her to dinner for a report card with straight A’s
8.       Help her make the Dean’s list
9.       Watch her play in a varsity volleyball game
10.   Help her apply for college

Some of these are no-brainers, but that doesn't diminish the importance of them.  Others are there to remind me to offer as much help and support as I can.  Do I expect that Audrey and I will be able to cross all of these items off?  You're damn straight I do!!

No comments: