Friday, November 17, 2017

Update...YES, The Girls Are Still Here

So, it HAS been a while. Let's do a quick update:

Audrey - Teenager, enough said
Claire - 3rd grade, doing well. Rocking gymnastics, kicking butt in soccer
Back to Audrey - Sophomore, still doing theater and singing (so technically we're in the High School Musical stage...), learning to drive/driving
Bridget -1st grade, loves reading, still shy-ish, does music

I've learned not as much as I thought over the last couple of years. I have discovered a few things, but I was prepared for amazing insights into the girls, especially Audrey. Alas, I'm still a bumbling dad, and I'm still making mistakes.
I do find that I perform many of the things I thought Jen would do; shampooing hair (for the littles, doing it for Audrey would be weird...), helping with "bathroom stuff", being with the girls when they're sick and it's throw up time, driving them everywhere, making breakfast (although, to be fair, Jen makes lunch for them so maybe that's a wash), homework, and the like. Not that I think the aforementioned list is specifically for women, but I'm not the most patient person, and having me help with homework/reading seems counter-intuitive. But, it's working out for the most part. At least they're all still alive and have friends. But yes, I still embarrass them, frequently!!

No comments: